First Time Home Buyer Guide
Excitement & Nervousness
Buying your first home is an exciting time for sure! It can also be a little unnerving too. Below are a few simple tips to help you make the most of buying your first home in Swansboro, Jacksonville, and Coastal North Carolina. Just remember, we are the home buying professionals and we have helped thousands of other first-time home buyers just like you purchase their home. You can count on our team to walk you through every step of your real estate transaction to your complete satisfaction.
Compromise & Communication
As you're buying your first home, it is important to remember to be ready to compromise on a home's features. In addition, you should practice maintaining good lines of communication too. Maintaining good lines of communication with your Realtor is important. It creates an efficient first-time home buying process, plus it will make your home buying experience much more pleasant too!
Know the Difference Between What You Want & What You Need
Before searching for your first Swansboro, Jacksonville, and Coastal North Carolina home, it is recommended you make a list of your wants and your needs in your first home. Just to clarify, your wants are what you desire in a home and your needs are what you absolutely must have in your first home.
Below are a few questions to help you prioritize your wants and needs in your first area home:
- How close do you want to live to your office, to loved ones, or to local amenities?
- Are schools a priority in your first home buying decision?
- Are you willing to pay homeowners dues for amenities like a boat dock, water access, swimming pool, other recreational facilities?
- Do you wish to purchase your first home near the base, shopping and the beach?
- Has the neighborhood you are interested in held its value? (Our agents can provide statistics.)
Once you're ready to begin your search for your first home, remember these helpful house hunting tips:
- Always preview homes together with your REALTOR. They will eliminate homes that fail to meet your search criteria and your finances.
- Keep track of the houses you've seen by bringing along a camera.
- Be sure to take notes both positives and negatives about each home.
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- If you have small children or pets, consider a sitter.
- Limit your daily search to 4 homes.
- Limit your search to homes that fit your budget.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
After you have prioritized your wants and needs for your first home, now you're ready to begin your home search. Contact us, and we will schedule a first-time home buyers consultation to discuss how we will help make your first home buying dream come true.